Level empowers people to build and grow microbusinesses with the financial OS they need to thrive. With significant traction and an exciting trajectory, this is a unique opportunity to join an A+ team led by industry veterans. Fresh on the heels of a compelling seed round backed by top-tier VCs, you will be well positioned to shape the direction of the business and enable millions of microbusinesses to succeed. You will help us achieve our vision of a world where the smallest businesses have the biggest opportunities.
Opportunity: You will play an integral role in designing and building Level’s platform. You will help build out the back-end systems that power our products, often designing and building new components from the ground up.
What you will do
- Own the entire software lifecycle: design, implementation, operationalization and monitoring of scalable and secure software
- Work with a variety of technologies on various back-end components, including our APIs, services, databases, and serverless components
- Build creative solutions that get the job done and communicate effectively around your vision to other stakeholders
- Contribute substantially to team technical strategy and practices
- Carefully balance the level of quality necessary for maintainability with the velocity necessary for an early-stage startup
- Effectively work independently with minimal guidance
- Adjust to product changes based on market feedback
- Assist in hiring and the growth of Level’s engineering team
What you will bring
You have a “get it done” attitude and will take ownership of growing Level from day one. You thrive on challenges and are invigorated by momentum, accomplishment and building things with purpose. You are a team player and are eager to contribute to the overall success of Level.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Proficiency in computer science fundamentals
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Substantive experience designing, building, scaling, maintaining and supporting complex software systems
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with some of our tech stack preferred: Kotlin (Java experience also a plus), AWS (ECS, RDS, VPC, Lambda, DynamoDB), PostgreSQL, Terraform, Liquibase, OpenAPI
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs preferred
- Experience integrating OAuth and 3rd party APIs preferred
- Experience in a startup environment preferred
What we offer
Our people are our greatest asset, and we treat them well:
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stock Options
- Remote opportunities anywhere is the US
- Virtual events to connect with, learn from and have fun with Team Level!
We believe that we have the power to build a world where the smallest businesses have the biggest opportunities:
- Team Level is a passionate group of purpose-driven fintech experts.
- We’re just getting started! We are growing rapidly as we redefine financial services to power microbusiness growth.
- Our customers and partners love us, and we love them back. You can sleep soundly knowing you are adding positively to the world by getting our services into more hands.
- We treat one another like we treat our customers: with respect and dignity. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are cultural values we take very seriously, and we welcome and recruit team members of all backgrounds and identities.
This role is of critical importance to the long-term success of Level. As one of the early employees in a rapidly growing startup, you will be rewarded with equity, an unparalleled learning and growth experience and competitive compensation.
Level is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, which we believe strengthens our team and contributes to Level being an amazing place to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants from all backgrounds. Level will never discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other status.
We’d love to hear from you if you are enthusiastic about our mission to empower microbusinesses to thrive, are eager to shape our direction and are seeking a unique opportunity to have an outsized impact. Learn more at www.levelgoals.com.