Level empowers people to build and grow microbusinesses with the financial OS they need to thrive. With significant traction and an exciting trajectory, this is a unique opportunity to join an A+ team led by industry veterans. Fresh on the heels of a compelling seed round backed by top-tier VCs, you will be well positioned to shape the direction of the business and enable millions of microbusinesses to succeed. You will help us achieve our vision of a world where the smallest businesses have the biggest opportunities.
Opportunity: As the Director of Finance, you will play a key role shaping the next stage of Level’s growth, building and leading all aspects of the finance function, refining and executing our credit facility strategy, owning financial reporting and overseeing accounting and related services.
What you will do
Reporting to the CEO, you will be directly responsible for all Finance, Treasury and FP&A activities and you will shape the company’s strategy. Details:
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Lead budgeting and forecasting for Level products and the company
- Develop and maintain financial metrics aligned with Level products and the company as a whole
- Implement standard financial and business reporting for the company and investors
- Build a precise cash flow forecast for Level products and the company
- Partner with Product Managers to model product economics
- Work closely with the CEO to refine and maintain a comprehensive financial model to set targets and milestones
- Maintain processes and policies to ensure proper fiduciary control of bank accounts
- Refine and execute on our credit facility strategy
- Ensure payments are completed in a timely and appropriate manner
- Track revenue and cash flows in partnership with the GM of Level Advance
Accounting and General Management
- Manage an outsourced accounting firm (internal in the future) to prepare accurate and timely financial statements
- Ensure all AP, AR and Cash management functions meet or exceed established standards
- Deliver monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Own relationships with key vendors and ensure deliverables are achieved
What you will bring
You will thrive if you are a self-starter who is eager to grow and shape the direction of Level. In this role, you will thrive with specific finance experience:
- At least 5 years as a finance professional and leader -- ideally with a good dose of startup experience
- Enthusiasm and agility with applying a finance lens to business problems and supporting the development of non-traditional financial products
- Comprehensive understanding and solid experience of cash flow management, financial reporting, budgeting and bookkeeping
- Strong financial modeling and forecasting skills
- Stellar analytical and problem solving abilities
- Comfort wearing many hats, moving quickly without breaking things and tackling and owning big challenges
- Entrepreneurial and energized by a fast-paced environment and rapid growth
- Proven track record of growing a high-performing finance organization with extremely strong talent strongly preferred
- Experience working in a regulated space a plus but not required
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business is preferred
- A passion for our company mission is essential
What we offer
Our people are our greatest asset, and we treat them well:
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stock Options
- Remote opportunities anywhere is the US
- Virtual events to connect with, learn from and have fun with Team Level!
We believe that we have the power to build a world where the smallest businesses have the biggest opportunities:
- Team Level is a passionate group of purpose-driven fintech experts.
- We’re just getting started! We are growing rapidly as we redefine financial services to power microbusiness growth.
- Our customers and partners love us, and we love them back. You can sleep soundly knowing you are adding positively to the world by getting our services into more hands.
- We treat one another like we treat our customers: with respect and dignity. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are cultural values we take very seriously, and we welcome and recruit team members of all backgrounds and identities.
This role is of critical importance to the long-term success of Level. As one of the early employees in a rapidly growing startup, you will be rewarded with equity, an unparalleled learning and growth experience and competitive compensation.
Level is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, which we believe strengthens our team and contributes to Level being an amazing place to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants from all backgrounds. Level will never discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other status.
We’d love to hear from you if you are enthusiastic about our mission to empower microbusinesses to thrive, are eager to shape our direction and are seeking a unique opportunity to have an outsized impact. Learn more at www.levelgoals.com.